Open ended questions are a great way to gauge students’ impressions of their courses or instructors. This is an opportunity for them to contribute to the success of your institution by elaborating on their responses to the evaluation statements, or express any of their concerns about the course or instructor.
College Survey Services will work with you to determine what questions you’d like to ask and how to word them to provide the best data. You may supply specific questions you wish answered or leave open areas for truly free commentary input.
If you are utilizing paper surveys, College Survey Services can return the commentary typed, or as scanned images of the handwritten sections on your form.
Each commentary collection process is customized to your needs.
- In certain situations, College Survey Services can combine all comments from one section onto one page.
- If desired, survey scores entered by the student can be displayed alongside the commentary, showing more-easily the correlation between the two.
- Occasionally an institution requires a survey number represented in the commentary to reveal if the unsavory comments are coming from just one student.
- Comments can be programmed as “mandatory responses” if a student has scored this survey statement low.
- All comments are combined into one PDF file per class section and accompany the instructor’s statistical reports.
Ask College Survey Services to email the individual reports, comments and trend analysis directly to your instructor’s inbox.